Fall Pilgrimage

Nineteen antebellum mansions, most of them private residences, open their doors to visitors during this three-week Pilgrimage every fall. Your guides are costumed family friends and descendants of the original owners, whose stories are as real as the bricks and mortar in their hearths. Each house is unique with 18th and 19th century furnishings, porcelain, silver, clothing, tools, documents and diaries.

Visitors enjoying Fall Pilgrimage in Natchez, MS.

Fall Pilgrimage in Natchez, MS, features both 18 and 19th century houses such as House on Ellicott Hill.

House on Ellicott Hill, circa 1798, dining room.

Gospel concert and full Southern dinner at The Carriage House Restaurant during Fall Pilgrimage.

Natchez Little Theatre's production of Little Women.

Tickets on sale now!

Antebellum Homes Tours
Privately owned antebellum homes open their doors to the public for 4 weeks 

Buy Tickets

Private Tour Guides
Whether it is your first time to Natchez or your annual trip to Pilgrimage, when you experience your trip through private or group tour, your stay in our beautiful, historic town will be unparalleled! Our licensed tour guides have a deep commitment to Natchez history and represent the most experienced guides in the Natchez area.

More Information

 Amos Polk's Voices of Hope
A traditional, plantation dinner that includes a stirring performance of Gospel music. The world famous Carriage House Restaurant is the setting for this excellent show. Dinner begins at 6:45 p.m. and the music starts at 7:30 p.m. Every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday beginning September 26, 2013 and ending October 14, 2014. Call 800-647-6742 or 601-446-6631 for more information.

Buy Tickets

For a look at the Fall Pilgrimage 2014 Brochure CLICK HERE or scroll below for pictures and details of homes on tour!
Red Tour | 9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. |Sept. 26, 29 & Oct. 2, 5, 8, 11

Historic Jefferson College

16 Old North St. 
MIssissippi Department of Archives & History

  • Mississippi Territory's first institute for higher learning; became boarding school for boys
  • Occupied by Union troops during the Civil War
  • Filming sight for "The Horse Soldiers", "The North and South", and "The Adventures of Huck Finn"

House on Ellicott Hill 1798

211 N. Canal St.
The Natchez Garden Club
  • Andrew Ellicott, in defiance of Spain, raised the first American flag on this hill in 1797
  • One of the first houses built in Natchez;
  • Restoration project by the Natchez Garden Club

The Briars 1814

31 Irving Lane
Mr. and Mrs. Leon Atkins
  • One of the South's finest examples of early plantation style architecture
  • Marriage site of Jefferson Davis and Varina Howell
  • Sits on large bluffs and overlooks the Mississippi River

Sweet Auburn 1833

34 Old Hwy 84
Mr. and Mrs. Marlon Copeland
  • Original home of Dr. John Wesley Monette, renowned for his work in preventing  yellow fever
  • Original millwork
  • Doctor's office, observatory and Monette family cemetery
Pink Tour | 1:30-5 p.m. | Sept. 26, 29 & Oct. 2, 5, 8, 11

Pleasant Hill 1803

310 S. Pearl St.
Mr. and Mrs. John Bergeron
  • Built by cotton merchant/planter John Henderson
  • In 1858, using log rollers, Pleasant  Hill was moved one block south by son Thomas Henderson to build Magnolia Hall
  • Lovely back gallery and gardens

The Towers 1798-1826-1858

801 Myrtle Ave
Ginger Hyland
  • Exceptional collections of period lace, furnishings, beaded purses and Moser glass
  • Fine Italianate mansion
  • Five lush acres of sculpture gardens

Rip Rap 1835

411  S.  Rankin  St.
Mr. and Mrs. Richard Edgin
  • Greek Revival with Italienate cast iron embellishments
  • The ironwork features cast iron manufactured by Lathrop Iron Works which supplied iron to the Confederacy
  • Large front gallery

Twin Oaks 1832

71 Hommochitto St. 
Charboneau Family

  • Originally the home of notorious couple Pierce & Cornelia Connelly
  • Collection of silver made by Profilet, ancestor of present owner
  • Tasting of biscuits & almond sweet tea with history of biscuits during the Civil War

Glenfield Plantation 1787-1840

6 Glenfield Rd.
Home of Marjorie Meng
  • Two section cottage; Spanish and English Gothic
  • Double hallways, unique interior window
  • Civil War bullet hole in front door
  • Surrounded by original Spanish land grant deeded to the present owner's family
Orange Tour | 9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. | Sept. 27, 30 & Oct. 3, 6, 9, 12

Auburn 1812

400 Duncan Avenue at Auburn Avenue
City of Natchez
  • Designed by Levi Weeks for first Mississippi territory attorney general
  • Home of the first Mississippi Attourney General
  • Famous for enormous portico, columns, cornices and free standing spiral staircase
  • National Historic Landmark

The Coyle House ca. 1793

307 S. Wall St.
Mr. and Mrs. Lemuel Adams

  • One of the earliest buildings in Natchez
  • Significant example of the Federal style
  • In residential area of the city known as “the Spanish Quarter”
  • Brick first story is a later addition built beneath the house, Wall Street cut through a small hill

Magnolia Hall 1858

215 S. Pearl Street at Washington Street
The Natchez Garden Club
  • Pilgrimage Costume Museum
  • One of the finest examples of Greek Revival architecture blended with Victorian
  • Last great mansion built in Natchez prior to the Civil War
Yellow Tour | 1:30-5 p.m. | Sept. 27, 30 & Oct. 3, 6, 9, 12

Green Leaves 1838

303 S. Rankin at Washington Street
Beltzhoover Family
  • Richly detailed Greek Revival house and has original furnishings and memorabilia
  • Shaded by gigantic legendary live oaks
  • Lush grounds and gardens
  • Occupied by the descendants of the Koontz-Beltzhoover family since 1849

J. N. Stone House 1850

804 Washington St.
Joseph B. Stone

  • Private billiard hall styled as a Greek temple
  • Rare pocket doors ornamented etched stained glass
  • Collection of rare antique maps
  • Heirloom garments, lap desk, portraits

Oak Hill 1835

409 S. Rankin St.
Douglas Mauro and Donald Mc Glynn
  • Federal and Greek Revival architecture
  • Empire furnishings, Old Paris porcelains, Zuber wallpaper and historical textiles

The Gardens 1794

35 Cemetery Rd.
Dr. and Mrs. Fred Emrick
  • Built as a summer retreat for Spanish Territorial Governor Stephen Minor
  • Served as a Federal hospital during the Civil War
  • Occupied by the same family since 1881
Blue Tour | 9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. | Sept. 28 &Oct. 1, 4, 7, 10, 13
Green Tour | 1:30-5 p.m. | Sept. 28 & Oct. 1, 4, 7, 10, 13

Friday April 17, 2015