Rosalie (ca. 1832)
Located on the Mississippi Bluff near the site of the Natchez Indians' massacre of the French at Fort Rosalie. Architecturally significant in that its design became the prototype for later mansions in Natchez and across the South. The design is cubical in nature with two-story columns supporting both a front portico and a rear full-width gallery. The twenty-one pieces of Rococo Revival furniture from the workshop of John H. Belter are so familiar to scholars that similar pieces are referred to as having the "Rosalie" pattern. It was the headquarters of the Union Army during the War Between the States. Owned by the Mississippi State Society DAR.
National Historic Landmark
Tours every hour 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.Last tour begins at 4:00 pm.